|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.|
Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.
|Wikipedia Contribution Team|
|Main page · Talk page|
Starting backlog statistics
Participants and progress
Barnstars and banners
|Come join the great drive!|
The Great Backlog Drive is a project started by the Wikipedia Contribution Team. Our mission is to clear out Wikipedia's backlogs. We set ourselves some big targets, hoping to clear some backlogs completely, and reduce others by thousands, all while maintaining a high quality of edits. Ultimately, during the 2011 cleanup drive, over 33,000 article issues were fixed but there's still lots to do!
We ran a competition every week with the opportunity to win an exclusive Wikipedia t-shirt. There were two categories; Best Overall Contributor and Best Newcomer. The winners each week received a special barnstar and were invited to send their address in to claim their shirt. Although this competition is now over, we hope to send out additional shirts to those lucky few who made a truly incredible impact, and contributors are still encouraged to tackle the remaining backlogs.
The current status of all the backlogs is shown below. Good luck!
Click any linked number for that category's articles prioritized by their number of incoming links.
Notes on specific backlogs:
- The backlog "Needs to be wikified" is worked on by WikiProject Wikify. Users interested in working on this backlog should consider signing on with the WikiProject for additional announcements, status updates, elimination drives, and awards.
- The backlog "Needs copy edit" is worked on by the Guild of Copy Editors. Users interested in working on this backlog should consider signing on with the Guild for additional announcements, status updates, elimination drives, and awards.
- The backlog "Needs size reduction" is worked on, in part, by DASHBot, an automated program. DASHBot will resize any images in that category each night, but cannot resize sound or video files. An editor with that capability is needed, as videos can go months without being handled.
- The backlog "Is orphaned" is worked on by the WikiProject Orphanage. Users interested in working on this backlog should consider signing on with the WikiProject for additional support.
- The backlog "Needs to be merged" is worked on by WikiProject Merge. Users interested in working on this backlog should consider signing on with the WikiProject, which has a sub-drive focusing on articles to be merged as a result of AfD.
Previous collaborations of the month